Registration for Spring 2023 is closed. Registration for Summer 2023 will open on March 5.
Important Dates for Spring 2023
January 16: Last Day to Register for Classes
January 17: First Day of Class
May 9: Last Day of Class
May 18: End of the semester / Final grades released
FPCC 441 Financial Planning Capstone for Accelerated Path
This course provides an overview of all areas in the financial planning process, data gathering, approaches to financial planning, analysis of financial statements, and client presentation. Students will produce a comprehensive written financial plan for a client.
As a result of your participation in this course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the content found within the Financial Planning curriculum and effectively apply and integrate this information in the formulation of a financial plan.
- Effectively communicate the financial plan, both orally and in writing, including information based on research, peer, colleague or simulated client interaction and/or results emanating from synthesis of material.
- Collect all necessary and relevant qualitative and quantitative information required to develop a financial plan.
- Analyze personal financial situations, evaluating clients’ objectives, needs, and values to develop an appropriate strategy within the financial plan.
- Demonstrate logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of various approaches to a specific problem.
- Evaluate the impact of economic, political, and regulatory issues with regard to the financial plan.
- Apply the CFP Board Financial Planning Practice Standards to the financial planning process.
Please review the following information before registering for the course:
All students are expected to have a firm grasp of education planning, tax planning, retirement planning, investment planning, risk management, and estate planning before enrolling into this course. Specific learning objectives for these topics can be viewed in the appendix of the Exam Candidate Prep Toolkit (PDF opens in a new tab).
Expected Time Commitment
The Capstone course is the most time intensive course in our program. Only you know how much time you have each week to dedicate to the course requirements.
In the Fall and Spring semesters (15-weeks in length), students can expect to spend 8-10 hours per week. In the Summer semesters (10-weeks in length), students can expect to spend 10-12 hours per week. If you don’t have a firm grasp of the topics mentioned above, you may have to spend more time each week to master the content.
Withdrawal & Refund Schedule:
Date of Withdrawal | Percent of Course Fee Refunded
On or before January 22*: 90%
After January 22 and on/before February 19: 60%
After February 19 and on/before March 26: 30%
After March 26: No refund
* 10% is retained to cover processing costs and enrollment fees charged to us by university business services.
To initiate the withdrawal process, you must contact us directly via email. We cannot issue a refund otherwise.
Textbook Information & Course Access:
Download the Spring 2023 textbook list (opens in new tab)
The course registration system will automatically place you into the course. The username and password that you select during the course registration process will be the same credentials you use to access the course. You may not see the course on your homepage until January 17.
Register for FPCC 441 Financial Planning Capstone | Cost: $750