Welcome to the Financial Planning Program Awards Page, where we celebrate and recognize the outstanding achievements of our former students and their unwavering commitment to values-based leadership.
About the Awards
Our awards are a testament to the core values of Texas A&M University, and how these values inspire the practice of financial planning. Award winners have espoused these values in how they live their lives and have inspired their colleagues, clients, and future Aggie Planners toward excellence.
The Bill Carter ’69 Leadership Award
Named after the esteemed financial planner, Bill Carter, this award was introduced in 2021 to honor his legacy and inspire future leaders in financial planning.
A background of Mr. Carter’s leadership in the profession, community, and university can be found here.
Pictured at left: Bill Carter and Gavin Baker.
Key Elements of the Award:
- Inspire Others Toward a Common Goal: Recipients of the Bill Carter ’69 Leadership Award have a remarkable ability to unite and motivate people toward a shared vision.
- Cultivate Innovation and Action: They are champions of innovation and action, consistently pushing the boundaries to achieve meaningful progress.
- Resilience in the Face of Adversity: In the face of challenges, they demonstrate remarkable resilience, emerging stronger and more determined.
- Capacity to Translate Vision into Reality: Their capacity to turn vision into reality makes them a shining example of effective leadership.
Bill Carter ’69 Leadership Award Recipients:
- 2022 – Taylor Thorne ’15
The Selfless Service Award
This award celebrates former students who have dedicated themselves to the selfless service of others and have contributed significantly to the financial planning profession and financial planning program at Texas A&M University.
Key Elements of the Award:
- Give of Time and Energy for the Betterment of Others: Recipients of the Selfless Service Award wholeheartedly devote their time and energy to benefit others, embodying the Aggie spirit of helping those in need.
- Model Core Values to the Next Generation: They serve as role models, guiding and inspiring the next generation of financial planners to uphold core values in their careers.
- Foster Growth of the Profession: Through their dedication and commitment, they have significantly contributed to the growth and development of the financial planning profession.
Selfless Service Award Recipients:
- 2022 – Steven Chambers
- 2021 – Jacquelyn Girling
These awards encapsulate the essence of the Financial Planning Program at Texas A&M University. They recognize individuals who not only excel in their careers but do so with a deep commitment to values, leadership, and service. By honoring values in action, we aim to inspire our students and alumni to make a difference in the world of financial planning.