The Financial Planning major is available and all students currently enrolled at Texas A&M University can initiate a Change of Curriculum request. Admission into the major is competitive and students must meet the minimum requirements listed below to be considered.
- Completion of 12 hours at TAMU.
- Minimum overall GPA of 2.75 or higher.
- Completion of MATH 140 and MATH 142 (grade of ‘C’ or higher in each course).
- Completion of one of the following courses with a grade of ‘C’ or higher:
AGEC 105 | AGLS 235 | ECON 202 | ECON 203 | ACCT 209/229 | or ACCT 210/230.
- Written essay that describes why you want to pursue the Financial Planning major.
How to submit a request to change your major
- Draft an essay describing why you want to pursue the Financial Planning major.
- Visit the Change of Major webpage to view cycles and deadlines.
- Complete the Change of Major process in Howdy. Watch a video tutorial for this process here.
The Financial Planning major is in the Department of Agricultural Economics and all academic advising is coordinated through the AGLS Advising Hub.
Donna Adcock is the lead advisor for the Financial Planning major and can answer questions about transfer requirements, course substitutions, degree planners, and transfer credits. Schedule an appointment with her through Navigate.