Presented by the Financial Planning Program at Texas A&M University, this two-day event is about networking, learning, and engaging. Students interested in a career in financial planning are invited to attend and network with industry professionals.
Key Benefits of Attending as a Student:
- Connect with peers and network with industry professionals
- Explore emerging topics and trends in financial planning
- Learn from industry and academic experts
- Find your next internship or full-time position
TENTATIVE SCHEDULE FOR STUDENTS
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 24
Career & Interview Sessions | Texas A&M Career Center | 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Welcome & Networking Reception, Hilton College Station | 5:30 – 7:00 p.m.
Recognition Banquet, Hilton College Station | 7:00 – 9:00 p.m.
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 25
Education Sessions | 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
About the Career & Interview Sessions:
All Interview Sessions will be pre-scheduled through the Texas A&M Career Center. If you are a student in the Financial Planning minor, currently enrolled in financial planning courses, or active in the Financial Planning Student Association, then you will receive email notifications from the Financial Planning Program with details about participating firms and position details.
You do not have to register for the conference if you only wish to participate in the Interview Sessions. However, we highly encourage you to attend the Networking Reception and Recognition Banquet.
Please Read Carefully:
If you sign up for the Thursday night banquet, please make every effort to attend.
- Although it only costs you $10 to attend, we are off-setting your food costs for Thursday night significantly.
- All no-shows for Thursday night cost the Financial Planning Program an average of $40 per person. Please be considerate and let us know if you can not attend Thursday night.
- We keep an attendance list of everyone who registers and attends the conference; we refer to this list of attendees (and no-shows) post-conference when firms come to us looking to hire students for full-time jobs and internship positions. If you are looking for an internship or job, then it is in your best interest to attend the conference.
- You are not required to attend every single session on Friday. You can come and go as your schedule permits.
- We understand that medical and family emergencies happen. If you register for the conference and an emergency occurs, then please let us know as soon as possible.
Interviewing Companies for 2019:
Carter Financial Management
S. Harris Financial Group
Briaud Financial Advisors
Parkway Wealth Management
Traditions Wealth Advisors
North Star Financial
Willis Johnson & Associates
Clearfork Wealth Management
IMG Financial Group Inc.
The Fitzpatrick Group
Clintsman Financial Planning
Mariner Wealth Advisors
Financial Synergies Wealth Advisors