The Financial Planning Minor is a six-course (18 credit hour) program that is available to all undergraduate students currently enrolled at Texas A&M University in a degree seeking program.
The minor is a registered program with the CFP Board of Standards. Students who successfully complete all the required coursework will be eligible to sit for the CFP® Exam.
Students wishing to add the minor to their degree plan should fill out an online Minor Program Application first. If your application is approved, our team will be in touch with additional information and next steps for adding the minor to your degree plan.
- The Financial Planning minor can be added to a student’s degree plan at any time. Some majors have restrictions or require special permission. Students should check with their academic advisor for any departmental requirements for adding minors.
- Admission into the Financial Planning Program does not guarantee enrollment into an academic program at Texas A&M University.
- Course registration requires junior/senior classification.
GRADUATE STUDENTS (Masters, Ph.D.)
Graduate students can take our courses for academic credit, but the minor is restricted to undergraduate students. Graduate students should visit with their academic advisor prior to enrolling. A course override or a force request may be necessary.
- Students must be in good academic standing and courses must be taken for academic credit with a grade of ‘C’ or better in each course.
- Students must have room in their degree plan for 18 credit hours. It is recommended that students spread the coursework out over 3 semesters. We do not allow students to take more than one of our courses concurrent with 441 Financial Planning Capstone.
- Successful completion of the minor will be certified by a degree audit. The minor will appear on official TAMU transcripts post-graduation.
- GPR of 2.5 or higher.
- Ability to complete 18 hours of minor coursework before graduation.
- Admission into a degree program at Texas A&M University. NOTE: General Studies majors must be accepted into a major first before the minor can be added to a degree plan.
- Submit an online Minor Program Application. If your application is approved, our team will be in touch with additional information for adding the minor to your degree plan.
- Junior or senior classification.
- Completion of -or- concurrent enrollment in ONE introductory finance course (AGEC 330, or FINC 409, or FINC 341).
- All students should verify course pre-requisites for the financial planning coursework and their degree plan through the Texas A&M Course Catalog.